Meeting Minutes 2016


We had a great first meeting on Wednesday attended by the whole committee except Andre who was gallivanting in Europe! Many thanks to Gibby for his service last year and welcome to Robin this year.

Finance: We have a very healthy bank balance thanks to the great success of the raffle, many thanks to those who sold or bought tickets.

Membership: We now have 78 active members, an all time high. We have cleaned out the roster and all contact information is now up to date. I am attaching the latest version which is now also on the website under the members' section password neds. So, there is no need for anyone to call or email me to ask for a number or email address of a fellow member!! We have photographs of about 40 members and will try to get the rest at Westfields. The intent is to be able to click on the member name on the roster and see a photo so you know who you will be playing with if you haven't met them before

Tournament tees: It was decided that anyone over 65 can opt to play from the tee immediately in front of the designated event tees. If that option is taken the index will be adjusted to that tee as we adjust the ladies indexes to their tees

Tournament costs: We voted to raise the monthly fee to $85, with their still being an option to donate an additional $5 to Fisher House. This was raised at the AGM and the committee sincerely appreciated that it was not met with any objections. This is necessary due to higher costs to us at the newer courses, Laurel Hills, Stonewall and Lansdowne and to the credit card fees now that most are paying online

On line sign up: We will be implementing an Evite system to sign up for the events. This way we have a documented entry list and it can be viewed any time. We will also set it up to send out reminders on a regular basis. Payment will still be done online

Ireland trip: We are investigating this for 2017. Barry McMahon, a former member does this on a professional level and I will be discussing this and getting back to the committee with ideas.

Fisher House/WWP: As you know we have decided that all the money would go to FH. Well, after more discussions we decided to donate $1000 to WWP as some donors specifically thought they were donating to WWP. This is not a problem and both checks have now been sent.

Please sign up for the matchplay and Westfields on March 26th if you haven't already done so. The matchplay draw will be held after the Westfields event back at the pub.

Here's to a great season, many many thanks for your support.

We had a great first meeting on Wednesday attended by the whole committee except Andre who was gallivanting in Europe! Many thanks to Gibby for his service last year and welcome to Robin this year. Finance: We have a very healthy bank balance thanks to the great success of the raffle, many thanks to those who sold or bought tickets. Membership: We now have 78 active members, an all time high. We have cleaned out the roster and all contact information is now up to date. I am attaching the latest version which is now also on the website under the members' section password neds. So, there is no need for anyone to call or email me to ask for a number or email address of a fellow member!! We have photographs of about 40 members and will try to get the rest at Westfields. The intent is to be able to click on the member name on the roster and see a photo so you know who you will be playing with if you haven't met them before Tournament tees: It was decided that anyone over 65 can opt to play from the tee immediately in front of the designated event tees. If that option is taken the index will be adjusted to that tee as we adjust the ladies indexes to their tees Tournament costs: We voted to raise the monthly fee to $85, with their still being an option to donate an additional $5 to Fisher House. This was raised at the AGM and the committee sincerely appreciated that it was not met with any objections. This is necessary due to higher costs to us at the newer courses, Laurel Hills, Stonewall and Lansdowne and to the credit card fees now that most are paying online On line sign up: We will be implementing an Evite system to sign up for the events. This way we have a documented entry list and it can be viewed any time. We will also set it up to send out reminders on a regular basis. Payment will still be done online Ireland trip: We are investigating this for 2017. Barry McMahon, a former member does this on a professional level and I will be discussing this and getting back to the committee with ideas. Fisher House/WWP: As you know we have decided that all the money would go to FH. Well, after more discussions we decided to donate $1000 to WWP as some donors specifically thought they were donating to WWP. This is not a problem and both checks have now been sent. Please sign up for the matchplay and Westfields on March 26th if you haven't already done so. The matchplay draw will be held after the Westfields event back at the pub. Here's to a great season, many many thanks for your support.
We had a meeting last night attended by all the committee except for Dave Kane who is trying hard to make sure what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas!! Finance: We have a very healthy bank balance I will be sending a separate email but there is a lot of $$ outstanding including membership renewals, event fees and matchplay Strokeplay: The strokeplay will take place Saturday and Sunday 7/30 and 7/31 at RF This will be a 1 pm shotgun on Saturday and 12 pm tee times on Sunday As we will have close to 60 we have decided that the low 20 plus ties will play free the next day Pairings will be made low to high and the low foursome will be in the front of our group Ryder Cup: The Rydar Cup will be a one day, 27 hole event on Saturday October 15. We are aiming for 20 per side, US v Rest of the World The cost to include the golf, shirt and drinks is $200 Stay tuned for a separate email Winter trip: We are doing early planning for our winter trip the last week of February or first of March, which we did at Pinehurst this year, We had a low turnout but it was great fun Berl will check out options in the north Myrtle/Wilmington area and we will also check out the Pinehurst area again Stay tuned for details West Virginia trip: We have been solicited by the folks at Greenbriar so we are going to look at a package for later this year for an"unofficial trip" that members can participate in and avail of negotiated rates Top Golf: We will have a Top Golf event in January tied in to the AGM' As you know we tried this year but got snowed out Digital event scoring: Most of you are aware of the various scoring systems whereby players enter their scores on a smart phone and you can see where you stand during the round The committee decided that, as some of us, have trouble writing the scoring down correctly, that we would not introduce such a system, at least this year! *:-O surprise Photos on the website: With so many new members we are utting photos beside the names on the roster on the website Robin will take more at the strokeplay and Sean will upload them so when you are in a foursome and don't know the others you can click on the link and see their smiling faces